Wednesday, February 14, 2018

A Sneak Peek At Our 2018 Sew-Along!

Today I have a BIG sneak peek to share! For weeks now my dear friend, fellow AGF design sister and Sewcial Bee Sampler co-host Sharon Holland and I have been planning a new sew-long for 2018, and today we are thrilled to finally announce and welcome ALL to join our 2018 event, the Community Sampler Sew-Along!

Our 2018 Sew-Along

The Details

This Community Sampler Sew-Along is inspired by the amazing community that grew from last's year's Sewcial Bee Sampler! The experience, response and friendships that formed through our shared love of quilting was the very best part for both Sharon and myself. We invite ALL who joined us and who made the SBS so special to join us once again, and we hope that many new friends will take part in this new sampler, as well! 

The Community Sampler Sew-Along!

One week from today, Wednesday, February 21st around 9 am EST, Sharon and I will share our first Community Sampler blog posts including the release of the very first PDF download! This sew-along is a free event to join, for quilters brand-new to experienced. All you have to do is follow along on our blogs to find the new PDF release each week, tips and tutorials along the way, our own blocks for inspiration and weekly fantastic Friday Giveaways from our generous sponsors!

Community Sampler Sponsors

  Art Gallery Fabrics  *  Aurifil   *  Bloc-Loc  *  Dritz  *

Join Us

This Community Sampler Sew-Along will be a wonderful way to connect with fellow quilters and we hope you'll join in as much as you are able to! Each week you're welcome to share links to your Community Sampler blog posts within the comments of my posts so we can visit one another. On Instagram you can find and follow me at: https://www.instagram.com/maureencracknell/ and Sharon at: https://www.instagram.com/sharonhollanddesigns/ where we'll be using #CommunitySampler as a fun way to stay connected and to create a group pool for all to share in, with the added bonus of automatically being entered into the weekly giveaway drawings each and every time you post and use the hashtag! Of course feel free to tag us when you share your Community Sampler blocks, too. We'll give more details next Wednesday, but I hope this sneak peek has you excited for the full reveal next week!!

So what do you say, will you join us in making a Community Sampler? We hope you will! You don't need to do anything official to join, just let me know in the comments that you plan to! We also created this cute button for you to share on Instagram if you'd like!

Join Us!

Sharon and I look forward to sharing more next week and we can’t wait to spend the next few months creating with you!

xo Maureen 

59 comments:

  1. I'm in...looking forward to more details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to sharing next week's Introduction PDF when you'll get the first look at this year's sampler, materials list and a fun coloring page so you can start planning your quilt!

      Delete
  2. I’m just finishing handquilting last years Sampler. I can’t wait to start the new one! Thanks for organising it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Did you join the Sewcial Bee Sampler? Sharon and I had such a great time, we had to do it again!!

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to the full reveal next week. So happy to have you joining us!

      Delete
  6. I haven't participated before but would very much like to this time.
    I look forward to seeing doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. The SBS was so much fun! We have planned a wonderful sampler with lots of great giveaways!

      Delete
  8. So looking forward to what you two have come up with! Thanks for organizing!! Linda B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all completely new and perhaps better than the SBS! I can't wait to share more next week!

      Delete
  9. Plan on joining in!
    Julie.mirdoch@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to joining the fun. Robin O.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never done a sew a long before. I think it's time I give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have to say I didn't make all the blocks but I did pick some to make. It was fun and I look forward to this year's blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine, too! One SBS maker loved one of the first blocks we released so much that she didn't complete any others, but instead she made a quilt using just that block pattern. She would share the new block each week and her quilt turned out to be amazing!

      Delete
  13. count me in......sounds like fun!
    Thanks, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in Maureen. Do we need to buy a certain line of fabric?
    Otherwise, I have a mountain I could use..... still, if I neeeeded to have more fabric..... that would be pretty much ok with me 🙃😂😇

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course as Art Gallery Fabrics designers, Sharon & I will both be using AGF fabrics, but fabric selection will be completely up to each maker, just like last year! I do think these sampler blocks are really great for fussy cutting, so I would prefer using AGF's pretty novelty prints no matter what! :)

      Delete
    2. Maureen, I am so glad for that intelligent forethought and advice. I asked Carly from Web Fabrics (just up the road west from me) to bring back some Love Story for me from the Quilt Con in Pasadena.

      Delete
  15. Joining in oh yea! My ability to make HST’s came about by following the SBS last yr. can’t wait to start! Thankyou for facilitating this sampler too, it’s so generous and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you Diane. ❤️

      Delete
    2. My HST making improved SO much! I was used to making mine a little larger and trimming them to size and the SBS helped me to perfect my 1/4" seam allowance. Sharon is such a great pattern writer!

      Delete
  16. I plan on joining in the fun. Thanks.
    sweepster49 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am looking forward to this! I will be joining in on my blog for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can hardly wait! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Newly retired and excited to start this Sampler!! Thank you for putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds really interesting. Haven't got a blog (yet) and haven't done any sew along before but would like to join (and learn more).

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am very interested in this sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking forward to this years quilt. Love the Sewcial Bee Sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yea! I'm so excited to join in again. I love last year's quilt and was just wondering what I'd do this year!. Thanks - I know it's a lot of work for you two, but it is such fun for us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to join but am not that fluent in Instagram. How can I follow your blog? I saw this post on Bloglovin, will it be posted there? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am interested in this new sew along

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have to sat U want to, but may not be able too. Is that OK?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm looking forward to sewing along side you again this year! Thank you for being such a great hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would ike to try to make time to join in as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I missed joining your Sewcial Bee Sampler, but downloaded all of the patterns. I'm hoping to make it this year along with your new Community Sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Is there still time to join? I'm new at this, and new at bloggin, so Hope I can find my way back to this spot too. I have made 5 quilts, not as nice as others, but by my own hand. I am ready step out of my comfort zone and learn new things.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mille merci pour tout.
    Tu es incroyable, mille bisous pour toi.
    voyance gratuite en ligne par email

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!